Jurnal Biologi Indonesia is an official scientific publication owned by the Indonesian Biology Society which was established based on notarial deed on February 20, 1970. Jurnal Biologi Indonesia was first published in 1993 and has been publishing researchoriginal papers covering Biodiversity, Ethnobiology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Bioprospeksi and Bioeconomy . This statement of scientific code of conduct is the statement of all parties involved in the publication process of Jurnal Biologi Indonesia which includes managers, editors, reviewers, and authors. This statement of the code of ethics of scientific publications is based on LIPI Regulation No. 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications. The ethics of scientific publications uphold three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Fairness, i.e. granting authorship rights to the rightful author/author; and (iii) Honesty, i.e. free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications. In order to avoid plagiarism, each incoming manuscript will be further examined with a plagiarism checker application.
Responsibilities of Journal Editor
- Determine the name of the journal, the scope of sciences, the scale, and the application for accreditation if necessary. Determine the membership of the board of editors.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, reviewers, and others in a contract.
- Appreciate confidential matters, whether for contributing researchers, authors, editors, or reviewers.
- Apply norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review the journal policy and pass it on to the author, the board of editors, reviewers, and readers.
- Create rules and ethics guidelines for editors and reviewers.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensure the availability of sources of funds for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Build a network of cooperation research institutions and related agencies.
- Preparing licensing and other aspects of legality.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Bring together the needs of readers and writers, strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
- Implementing a process to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Promoting freedom of speech objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, and apologies if necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of writing scientific papers, while the content and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author,
- Actively ask the opinions of writers, readers, bestari partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Conduct periodic internal evaluation of the quality of scientific journals,
- Support the author's initiative on publication ethics by including a clearing form in each manuscript submission,
- Be open-minded to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions for the advancement of science,
- Avoid objective decisions by not defending the opinions of themselves, authors or third parties by finding scientifically accountable exits,
- Encourage the author to make improvements to the paper until it is worthy of publication.
Duties And Responsibilities Of Reviewers
- Studying the paper and conveying the results of the study to the editor, as a material determining the feasibility of a paper to be published,
- The reviewer does not conduct scientific studies on papers involving him, either directly or indirectly,
- Provide positive suggestions, inputs and recommendations on scientific manuscripts,
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations to a manuscript,
- Encourage the author to make improvements to the paper,
- Re-examine the corrected paper in accordance with the specified standards,
- The paper is reviewed on time according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific rules (methods of data collection, author legality, conclusions, etc.) that have been determined.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors have met the criteria as authors,
- Collectively responsible for the work and content of the article includes methods, analysis, calculations, and details,
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly,
- Explaining limitations in research,
- Respond to comments made by reviewers and editorial boards in a scientific and timely manner,
- Inform the editor in writing if he/she will retract his/her work,
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, and has never been published anywhere and in any language, and is not in the process of submitting to another publisher.